The 5th EAI International Conference: ArtsIT, Interactivity & Game Creation (ArtsIT 2016) will take place in Esbjerg, Denmark on 2-4 May, 2016.
The ArtsIT series of conferences have been created to provide a platform where researchers and practitioners in Arts and Humanities, who have a keen interest in contemporary IT developments, can meet with professionals of the ICT world and create strong ties in order to connect these two worlds. This year, with the extended call including Interactivity and Game Creation, the focus is even widened to encourage cross-fertilization between these related fields.
The conference, to be hosted at the Esbjerg campus of Aalborg University, welcomes papers with a wide spectrum of interest in these topics:
- Games, Interactivity;
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality;
- Interactive Art (innovative interactive installations);
- Augmented Performing Arts (innovative performances and shows enhanced by ICT technologies), Augmented Reality applications in art and design;
- Information visualization;
- Big Data;
- Applications and interfaces for Mobile Devices;
- Virtual worlds, Metaverse, Avatars and Presence;
- Image Processing;
- Digital Photography;
- Audio Art, Sound Design;
- New Media Technologies;
- Corporeal Art/Design Systems (sensors, wearable computing, motion tracking etc.) Generative/Aleatoric Systems;
- Media Archeology;
- Virtual Museums and Curatorial Practices;
- Theoretical Studies and research output that resides at the intersection of the fields of art, design and technology.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). Selected papers will be invited to publish their texts in the International Journal of Arts & Technology (Inderscience) and Metaverse Creativity, a peer reviewed academic journal published by Intellect, UK and in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies or the EAI Endorsed Transactions of Serious Games.
Paper submission deadline: November 22nd, 2015
Acceptance Notification: January 15th, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: February 5th, 2016
Find more details about the conference here.