SmartGift 2016, the 1st EAI International Conference on Smart Grid Inspired Future Technologies, will take place in Liverpool, Great Britain on May 17-19, 2016.
The goal of the conference is to bring together scientists, engineers, researchers, and students from academy and industry all over the world to highlight and systematically address the challenges arising from smart grids. The conference will create a forum for researches, developers and practitioners from both academia and industry to publish the key results and to disseminate the state-of-the-art concepts and techniques in all aspects of smart grids. Furthermore, Prof. Vincent Wong (The University of British Columbia) will give the keynote speaech entitled “Load Control and Demand Side Management in Smart Grid“.
Specifically, the conference is soliciting original research articles that cover the following topics:
- Smart grid inspired data sensing technologies, modelling, algorithms and systems including energy-efficient sensors and actuators for smart grids;
- Smart grid inspired data processing technologies, modelling, algorithms and systems;
- Smart grid inspired data communication and networking technologies, modelling, algorithms;
- Hybridization of the above three individual key aspects. e.g., convergence of data sensing with data pre-processing, cross-layer design of data processing together with stream data transmission in smart grid systems, etc;
- Smart metering and advanced measurement infrastructure;
- Demand response management (DRM);
- Energy-efficient smart grid systems;
- Quality of Service assurance in smart grid systems;
- Cyber security and privacy;
- Reliability, robustness, fault-tolerance, and self-healing;
- Smart grid system management and adaptation;
- Application-layer service engineering for smart grids;
- Testing and evaluation tools;
- Optical communications and networking in smart grids;
- Prototype systems and real-world deployment experiences.
The Conference will also host the Workshop on Security, Flexibility and Demand Management in Smart Low Voltage Grids (Mas2tering Workshop), motivated by the need for Europe to transition its energy markets (generation, distribution and consumption) into smart energy systems.
Paper Submission Deadline:
January 31st, 2016 February 12th, 2016
Acceptance Notification Deadline: March 1st, 2016
Camera-ready Deadline: March 31st, 2016
Find more details about the conference, visit the official website.